Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Pink Christmas

i know you’ve heard of a white Christmas.. and yes, even a blue one (so goes the song). but i bet you never thought of Christmas as pink Ü they say that pink is the color of happiness. hence, when gaudete sunday comes, we light the pink candle in the advent wreath. well, that happens to be my favorite color. and while others may think of red and green this holiday season, for me, this Christmas is pink Ü

only a few weeks ago, i dreaded december. i was afraid of what the Christmas month would have in store for me. yes, i worried about my unfinished Christmas shopping list (still undone, hehe) and the tons of activities lined up - at work and in the ministry. but mostly, i was afraid of the “holiday blues.”

it’s true that special occasions mean rest and relaxation for most - a chance to celebrate and to unwind. but not for me. for the past months, i dreaded birthdays, vacations and other holidays. not because i did not want to relax. i hated them because i was spending them alone for the first time in four years.

breakups are messy. always. but as with all heartaches, the pain heals in time. Ps 30:5 says, “..weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.” and i really believe that is true Ü because the Lord wipes away the tears and mends the wounds - no matter how deep they may seem to be at first.

God has used so many people to hasten my healing process - loving parents, friends in the ministry, in the community and even at work. in my busyness, He gives me a sense of accomplishment. in our hectic Christmas carolling schedule, the Lord makes me feel joy and love. yes, He has been faithful to His promise; He has restored me to health and healed all my wounds (Jer 30:17). so that slowly but surely, my fears abated.. and i learned to genuinely smile again Ü

december 2005 is probably my most memorable Christmas ever. because this time, i received truly wonderful gifts from my Special Someone: peace. healing. fulfillment. love. joy. Ü

“You turned my mourning into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.” (Ps 30:11) yes, this is a merrily pink Christmas indeed Ü

No comments: