Wednesday, April 4, 2007

you found me


today was a busy day for me. you’d think that because it’s summer, we teachers would be on vacation; but nooooo. preparations for graduation, summer classes and seminars have been taking most of our time these past weeks.

i was at school the entire day, so i really looked forward to going home and finally getting some rest. alas, that was not to be the case. i got home, all right.. but relaxing was next to impossible. all the tidying up i’d postponed for weeks stared me in the face.. mocking me.. taunting me.

with a huge sigh, i started doing my long overdue chores. i tidied up my papers (all strewn about our sofa and dining table), dusted the living room, sorted my clothes, changed the curtains in my room and organized my desk. i was at it for several hours.. sneezing continually.. washing my grimy hands obsessively.. and still i was not even halfway done :( sheesh.

in the busyness of my schedule, it’s soooo difficult to keep all my stuff neat and organized. it’s hard to find time for dusting, cleaning and other chores needed to maintain order. so i ignore the mess and close my eyes to the chaos. and by the time i decide to actually do something about it, i’m surprised to find the really lousy state my room is in.

unfortunately, i can also say the same thing about my prayer life, of late. “there’s just so much work to do today,” i’d tell myself, “i’ll just say a quick prayer later on..” i’d often postpone my quiet time.. until i’d forget about it altogether. when i eventually find time to sit down and pray, i’d discover that i’ve already “drifted”.. and it would take a lot more effort and concentration on my part just to be “attuned” to Him once more.

i guess that’s why the lenten season is such a blessing. it provides us all with the opportunity to really *pause* and reflect on His love. to drop everything else and just focus on Him. and to discover that, in spite of our dirtiness.. our sinfulness, He looks at us and sees hope.. and beauty ü

“beautiful, that’s how mercy saw me. though i was broken and so lost, mercy looked past all my faults. the justice of God saw what i had done; but mercy saw me through the Son. not what i was, but what i could be. that’s how Jesus saw me”

thank You, for still seeing me as beautiful ü

No comments: