Wednesday, September 12, 2007

is it panic time?



hahaha. this comic strip (http://xkcd.com) is just soooo me. yep.. this is my typical brand of humor. wry and just a tad bit too nerdy, hahaha :p

it’s september once again. and, as is usually the case, i find myself in *that* kind of mood again. no, i’m not depressed or melancholy. that rarely happens to me nowadays. but my birth month always seems to bring about a certain kind of edginess and irritability that i could not understand.

i will be turning 31 in a couple of weeks. and while i have nothing against the number 31 (it’s a nice prime number after all, hahaha) i have to admit that i’m not all that happy about being “old.”

ok, it’s not the “growing old” part that i really mind. it’s the “growing up to be an old maid” part that sort of gets to me :p personally, i don’t think there’s anything weird with the idea of being single for the rest of my life. but people seem to think otherwise. i don’t really understand why so many people often associate moods/actions with one’s lovelife (or the nonexistence of it).
“uyy.. blooming ka ah. may papa ka na siguro..”
“hmm.. medyo mataray ka ngayon ah. sige ka, magiging old maid ka nyan..”
“kelan ka ba mag-aasawa? masyado ka ‘yatang mapili kasi..”

am i running out of time? the strip above says i’m doing just fine. and, being such a math-geek, i’d have to agree, haha :)

i enjoy dressing up. i try to make myself look nice. not for anyone else.. but for *me*. and while i do have my “snappy” moments, i certainly hope my “taray” look would not be enough to intimidate any future life partner (otherwise, he simply won’t be worth it haha). and as for marriage?! wahahahaha. boyfriend na lang muna. hindi pa ako handa para diyan :p

psalm 37:4 says “delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart” even at this age, i know i still have a lot of growing up to do. and before i start seeking my prince charming, i think i’d have to concentrate on delighting myself in my Prince first :) meantime, that special guy will just have to wait :p

No comments: