Friday, September 23, 2005

rain-lover

today i woke up feeling drained. i haven't even started my day and already, i felt so tired. i was in a glum mood and didn't feel like talking to anybody. which was quite ironic because i knew that deep inside, all i really wanted was to have somebody to talk to. someone who would keep me company. someone who would be willing to listen to me rant. someone i can lean my head on.. and probably cry my heart out to. unfortunately, i didn't have that someone. i don't have that somebody. not anymore, at least.. or rather.. not *yet*..


this morning i kept praying for the rain to come. i know a lot of people love sunny weather; but as for me, there's nothing like a good rainfall to brighten my day. each time i see the skies turn grey, my heart does a little flip-flop. it is as if my spirit's thirst is quenched everytime the rain falls. and God knows how dry my spirit felt this morning.

hours passed and still no rain. nevertheless, i found some comfort from the very timely text message i received from my friend lilian Ü feeling a bit cheered, i was able to survive my morning without much incident.

by noon, i had forgotten all about my morning rain prayer. then, just as i came to my class at around 1pm, it rained! a good, solid outpouring of rain Ü just looking out at the grey curtain of water that appeared so suddenly.. drenching the ground.. well, it made me break out into a huge smile Ü

there's no need to say it, but i'll state the obvious, anyway: i love the rain. i also love the feeling i get whenever my "rain-requests" are granted. but i guess more than anything, i love the Rain-maker.. and it feels great to know that He's listening to me.. letting me know that He answers even the simplest prayers or a rain-lover like me Ü

No comments: