Wednesday, November 9, 2005

THE GOD OF POST-ITS

i love collecting stationery items. all my friends can attest to this fact. whenever i go to book shops or department store, i'd always find time to browse through the stationery section. i have a collection of note pads (from the cartoony to the simply elegant), pens (metallic, gel, pastel, scented.. you name it!), scissors (tiny, large, artsy, weird, etc), and yes, even paper clips! call me nuts.. but i just loooove getting these items for my collection Ü

among these stationery stuff, i'm especially fond of my sticky note collection Ü as you can imagine, i have a bunch of them - all sorts of colors, shapes and sizes. most are small, (due to my tiiiny handwriting) though i buy larger ones if they are interesting enough (i have one that looks like a graphing paper, with the words "i hate math" written on the bottom left corner. that's my favorite, hehe) what's my fixation on these self-adhesive paper? well, let me tell you why i love post it..

* it is sticky! duh?! obviously. you can't "post it" if it doesn't stick! haha. anyway, i like to bring sticky notes because i can post a short reminder/greeting almost anywhere i wish to. no corkboards, adhesive tapes, or pushpins necessary. just write and stick. perfect Ü

* i can bring it everywhere. it's there when i need it and fits perfectly into my planner. no matter how small my bag is, it always has enough room for sticky notes - especially the small ones.

* it adds color to life. literally. i make it a habit to bring along various colors of sticky notes. that way, i can either (a) color-code my reminders, depending on the contents (i.e., blue for choir reminders, orange for school-related matters, etc); (b) choose which color to use, based on my mood; or (c) just make my planner more attractive. ok fine.. call me weird or OC.. but my sticky notes add a bit more whimsy and fun to my otherwise "blah" existence, hehehe Ü

* it reminds me of the important things in life. if you look at my planner, you'll find the usual schedules written on the available squares. but all the important stuff - from special reminders, to meaningful quotes, song lyrics, inspiring poems and the like - are written down on my sticky notes. so that they are set apart from the usual entries. so i will always pay special attention to them. and so that i can transfer them easily to my new planner when the new year comes Ü

my God is a lot like my sticky notes. He sticks to me through thick or thin.. in times of joy, and in times of great sorrow. He goes with me wherever i go - and i mean everywhere! when i'm at school.. or church.. or just walking around.. His presence is always there. He also lets me experience the many colors of life - from drab greys to bright, sunny yellows.. from dark, gloomy black to clean, pure white. no matter what "color" my days are.. and through all of life's twists and turns.. He's always been there to remind me of the most important things. His guidance. His assurance. His mercy. His grace. His love Ü

yup. it's no wonder i love sticky notes. the Lord probably made me a "post it" person.. so that i'd always remember His love for me Ü

No comments: