Tuesday, May 20, 2008

hidden in plain sight

i misplaced my sm advantage card sometime last week. i looked for it everywhere - in my wallet, in my spare bag, in my other wallet (yeah, i have lots of those, hahaha), in my car, under the car seat, in my jeans pocket(s). for days, i searched my room, my desk and my computer table.. and turned up nothing.

by then, i had already given up trying to look for my missing card. i decided to just go get a new one the next time i went to the mall.

then last sunday, as i was organizing the contents of my bag, i saw my sm advantage card neatly tucked into its usual place in my purse. in the same place i looked a dozen or more times just a few days ago. haha. my card was effectively hidden in plain sight.

reading glasses, credit cards, car keys, pens. these are not the only things that can be hidden in plain sight. too often, we go desperately searching for a lot of things - happiness, contentment, peace, love - in vain. not because we look in the wrong places. but probably because we are not truly ready to see them. even if they are right in front of our very eyes.

we often pray for financial stability.. but when the lord gives us a job that provides good income, we complain about how it uses up all our time and energy. we pray for good health.. but when our doctors tell us to take our meds and watch our diet, we refuse to follow. we pray for blessings.. but we withhold blessings from those in need, even if god tells us to “give and it will be given [us]“.

brothers and sisters, what are you searching for in life? what do you ask for from the lord during your prayer time? maybe he has already given it to you.. but it remains hidden from you.. in plain sight.

may the lord open our eyes to see all the (hidden) blessings that he sends our ways. and may he enable our hearts to be grateful for his goodness, his providence and his love :)

god bless, everybody! :)

No comments: