Wednesday, May 7, 2008

fill in the blanks

“the heart of __________ is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.”(Honore de Balzac)

“__________‘s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking. it never fails nor falters, even though the heart is breaking” (Helen Rice)

“ __________ understands what a child does not say.”

it isn’t so difficult to fill in the blanks, is it? :) the first time i read these, i initially thought the answer was “GOD” :) but when i looked at the original quotes, i found out that the missing phrase was “A MOTHER” ü

a jewish proverb says, “god could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.” well, we know that god is everywhere.. but i’m still grateful he made mothers. or at least, that he made mine, hehe ü ‘coz i believe that, as soon as we were born, god wanted us to get a glimpse of his face and his love - through our mothers ü
my mom is not very extravagant in her show of affection. she’s quite shy in that way. but she is one of the most loving people i know. in the way she honored her parents.. in her dedication to her family.. her commitment to work and her persistence in prayer, i learned that god wasn’t a faraway deity, but someone who’s real. someone who’s part of our daily life. someone who *is* family.

as i grew up, my mom has always been there to listen to my sumbong’s and to wipe away my tears. she would be the first to take my side.. give moral support.. and make me feel that i am not alone. thanks to my mom, i never saw the lord as someone unapproachable. and i was always confident that he would hear me out - no matter what.

so i guess how i know god is a product of how i know my mom. and i’m very fortunate that he has blessed me with a mother who is able to show me who he is.. through her love and through her faith ü

happy mother’s day, mom :) i love you ü

No comments: