Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Earth is Round

this morning, while browsing through my phone, i found this text message that a friend sent to me a while back:

"People give up on each other sometimes. That's why God made the earth round. So that if two people meant to be friends would decide to walk different paths, still, at one point, the ends of their roads will meet again."

i agree. i suppose everything comes full circle. broken relationships have the chance to mend. broken hearts, in time, will heal. bad decisions can be undone. well, not all the time. but no matter how many wrong turns we make, God can always lead us back on track. we may not be able to go back to where we started.. but He is able to create new paths that will bring us to our destination safely. with a few detours and some 'colorful adventures' to boot :p

it gives me great assurance to know that He is in charge of my life. that my failures, as well as my triumphs, can all be used to make me a better person. that my mistakes, in His hand, can be turned into wonderful lessons. and that my hurts and fears can help to mold me into the kind of person He wants me to be.

we may have chosen to walk different paths. and now our roads meet again. while we no longer walk hand in hand, i'm glad the Lord brought us together again.. to walk side by side :) thank God He made the earth round :)

No comments: