Tuesday, June 27, 2006

L.S.S. (no.. not the seminar)

for the past week or so, i’ve been experiencing a bad case of LSS. nope.. not the seminar. i’m talking about the “Last Song Syndrome.” since we started practicing josh groban’s “you raise me up” last saturday, that song has been playing over and over in my head. i hear the harmony over lunch.. while taking a shower.. as i drive.. and yeah, even when i’m asleep! sheesh. talk about pervasive.

so what is it about the song that makes it stick to my mind so much (aside from the fact that our musical director keeps reminding us to practice, practice, practice the song in preparation for the dreaded “quartet” ü)? maybe it’s the tune.. or the fact that it’s quite challenging to learn the harmony. perhaps it’s the wonderful a capella arrangement that catches the attention (we have bro. rannie to thank for that ü). then again, maybe the song keeps playing in my head because fr. mar (as well as sis. nona) was so excited to hear us sing it :p

when i think about it, though, it isn’t just because of these reasons that i’ve been experiencing the LSS lately. i realize that more than anything, it’s the *song lyrics* that really stick to my mind:

“when i am down and oh my soul so weary / when troubles come and my heart burdened be / then i am still and wait here in the silence / until You come and sit awhile with me / You raise me up so i can stand on mountains / You raise me up to walk on stormy seas / i am strong when i am on Your shoulders / You raise me up to more than i can be”

i guess the words are more meaningful because of all the trials i’ve been going through lately. problems with work.. tests of faith.. health concerns.. these things certainly dampened my week. but the Lord truly is faithful. because just when i started to feel my strength fail me, that’s when He gave me this LSS. and i realized that this is actually *my* song to Him ü

for indeed, it is He Who raises me up. when i can no longer smile.. when troubles seem to come one after another.. when i get so confused and i no longer know whom i can trust.. God is there. He makes me feel His presence. He makes me feel His love.. His comfort.. His peace. and even though the mountains of problems are still there, the Lord shows me that i have Him to stand on. always ü

yes, Lord, i am strong when i am on Your shoulders. and i thank You for making me more than i ever thought i could be ü

No comments: