Monday, June 9, 2008

summer’s almost gone

summer’s almost over. we all know that ‘coz school’s starting again. i’ve readied all my “schoolstuff” hehe. i have my new notebooks, pens, board markers and record books ready. i cleaned out my teacher’s desk too.. it’s now prepared for the onslaught of papers i’ll be checking this coming week. i even have a printout of my sked for this semester. yup. i’ve prepared almost everything i need for the start of classes.

except my mind :p

*sigh* truth be told, i don’t *want* to go back to school. not *yet* anyway. in spite of the heat and all the “evils” summer brings, i’d have to say i’m going to miss the vacation :p

i wasn’t able to do much traveling during summer break. with all the lectures, teacher training seminars and other involvements i had this may, i didn’t have time to go out of town. no parties.. no vacations in tagaytay.. not even a wade in the swimming pool.

i was, however, able to spend a lot of time with the family - something that doesn’t always happen during school days (work and service in the community do take up a lot of our time). we were able to watch movies together.. eat dinner at a semi-fancy restaurant.. bond in front of the boob tube (and pc hehehe).. and basically just laze around the house haha. it may sound boring to most.. but i do treasure those moments. simple moments that i get to be with the people i love most - my dad and my mom :)

and now that summer’s almost gone, part of me is sulking that the vacation will be coming to a halt. but it doesn’t really bother me all that much. why? because i’m pretty sure of one thing: no matter what season it is, i know my father will always have time for me :)

i’ve written a lot about my dad.. how he’s done so much for me.. and how he shows his love in big and small ways. i’ve said countless times how great he is. he’s intelligent, sensitive, friendly, wise, wacky and hard-working. he’s god-fearing and helpful and he knows a lot of stuff (especially about computers and gadgets :p) but all these wonderful traits pale next to the fact that he is always there for me.. and my mom. he’s there during “summer” days when everything is laid-back and fun. but he’s also there to bail me out during “stormy” days when everything seems to fall apart.

just like my heavenly father :)

and for that (as well as many more wonderful reasons), i love him :p

happy father’s day with love :)

No comments: